Friday, August 6, 2010

Review - Learn Dutch for English Speakers by Fernand G. Renier - #4

Morning, guys. Back with another language resource review! Number three today.

Following alphabetically is Dutch (check out Albanian and Balinese too).

I like the Dutch language in that it is fairly common and widely-spoken, but is a bit quirkier and more interesting than German and the other Germanic languages, I think. I like how it has a clean, non-diacritic-using writing system and seems fairly easy to learn.

Of course it's on my list to learn in the future but I'm not currently working on it. Nonetheless, I bring you this little language resource review for anyone looking into this book!

The publisher, Saphrograph Corp, looks like a respectable language publishing company, kind of along the lines of Spoken Language Service, Cortina, and then of course the old Teach Yourself books and Colloquial books.

However, I found no website or real information for them, but they are based in New York. One day I want to contact them and see if I can set up a website or something for them... I want to find out more about their books, especially their volume for learning Turkish (one of my favorite languages).

Anyway...

Dutch is spoken by around 27 million people in Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname, Aruba, and more.
(More at Wikipedia and more at Omniglot)

This video is an overlook of Fernand G. Renier's Learn Dutch for English Speakers.

Check it out on Amazon here or search it on Bookfinder here.

Remember to comment, rate and subscribe!

Feel free to email me here as always.

 Below is the video or you can watch it at this link. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails