Monday, August 9, 2010

Review - Intermediate Chinese by Yong Ho - #5

Hey guys,

Back! Sorry. Two day little hiatus. Just getting into the groove of things with this channel and even though it's summer, things get busy (aka I can get lazy...don't hate ;D).

Anywho...

Following alphabetically in my coursebook collection tour is Chinese. Oh wait. Does Brian not know the alphabet in order?

Haha, I did Dutch last time but now I am back to C, Chinese, because I just got a book in the mail! Whoo hoo! Don't you love getting that crinkled, tape-covered manila envelope with bubble-wrap inside and a language book and an Amazon receipt?

Well that was the highlight of my day today, so I wanted to share with you this Chinese book for intermediate learners as I would call myself.

I've been studying Chinese on and off over the past year and a half or so, at a weekend class, a day camp last summer, and then this past summer I did an epic one-month Middlebury Language Academy CTY (Center for Talented Youth through Johns Hopkins) Chinese Immersion camp. Was a crazily fun and learningful camp. For any of you guys out there my age, finishing 7th to 10th grade, check out the camp (for which they also have Spanish and French).

Talk about awesome way to learn a language. Being totally immersed in it: Chinese class 3 and a half hours a day conducted in Chinese, plus all directions and daily life (with exceptions) given in Chinese, movies, books, etc. all in Chinese.

Sorry, won't go on too much.

P.S. Check out my last two on Dutch and Balinese if you interested).

Just in case you didn't know...I have to post this stuff below in each of my posts, just to be consistent:

Chinese is spoken by around 1.3 billion people in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and in communities around the world.
(More at Wikipedia and more at Omniglot)

This video is an overlook of Yong Ho's Intermediate Chinese.

Check it out on Amazon here or search it on Bookfinder here.

Remember to comment, rate and subscribe!

Feel free to email me here as always.

Below is the video or you can watch it at this link. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails